|This article is about the former Homeworld Gem. You may be looking for another Pyrite.|
|This article is about the former Homeworld Gem. You may be looking for the Crystal Gem.|
|This article is about the former Homeworld Gem. You may be looking for batch nicknamed "Fool's Gold".|
Pyrite is a former Homeworld Gem that was created by LoveSeal990. She got caught up in the Rebellion, which lead her to shapeshift into Rose Quartz and shatter Pink Diamonda (as directed by her diamond, White Diamond). Pyrite then decided to drop out of the Rebellion after that. It is currently unknown where Pyrite lives.
She wears a headband, that comprises of 7 very soft yellow roses and 1 leaf, that connects her pony-tail, to the front part of the hair, a V-shaped broken (former) diamond insignia crop, a wavy-sleeved shirt with a very soft yellow belt, connecting her shirt to her skirt, very soft yellow pants, grayish-yellow boots, and a very soft yellow belt that connects her ankle joints, to the bottom part of her feet. Her gemstone is located on her left palm and her hair is a gradient of a light grayish yellow, and white. She is about as tall as Garnet.
What do you know about Pink Diamond’s shattering?! Nothing?! You don’t need to ask me everytime! I am not a servant like I used to be, I am my own gem that has a whole lot of secrets you don’t want to know, do you?!
|—Pyrite, when angered|
One of her most strong negative characteristics is impoliteness and anger. This happens whenever somebody/some gem brings up the subject about Pink Diamond‘s shattering and if she knows anything about it. She gets angered because she does not want to reveal that she shattered her, in fear of spreading the information and it ending up on Homeworld, where she thinks she will be shattered at if they find out that she did that.
LoveSeal describes her as a happy-go-lucky, but heavy-hearted person because she always keeps the secret of how and that she shattered her, and does not want nobody to know, so she pretends she is happy when she is around anybody/any gem.
Pyrite possesses standard Gem abilities, including shapeshifting, weapon-summoning, fusion, bubbling, and regeneration.
- Kusarigama Proficiency: Pyrite can summon her weapon, a kusarigama, at ease. During battle, while using her kusarigama, she moves swiftly, attacking with pure precision. Pyrite has great skill to use her as well.
- Swordsmanship: Pyrite possesses some skill with a sword. It is first seen while she was shattering Pink Diamond. During battle, she prefers a thick sized youth saber, like Rose’s Sword.
- Photokenisis: Pyrite can be seen using Photokinesis at times, an ability she shares with Garnet, Pearl, Ruby (Doc), Ruby (Eyeball), Peridot, the Rutile Twins, and Fool's Gold.
- Holographic Projection: Pyrite can project holographic images from her gemstone, which she uses to portray her memories whenever she feels like doing it. Her holograms are intangible.
- Psammokinesis: Pyrite has proven to have psammokenisis by manipulating sand to create any object at will. It is known she can control a large portion of sand in one go.
- Swords: Pyrite possesses a vast collection of swords in her gemstone, simillarly to how Pearl organizes her spear(s) in her dimension.
- As said before, Pyrite's preferred sword when in battle is a thick sized youth saber.
My diamond?! I beg your pardon. Me, shatter HER?! You must not be serious!
|—Pyrite to White Diamond, during the Gem War|
Pyrite was once a subordinate of White Diamond. Due to Pyrite's major presence in the Gem War, she was asked to shatter Pink Diamond, due to her unresponsable behavior, while disguised as the form of Rose Quartz. During the beginning of Era 2, she slowly started to despise her diamond and her court itself, which lead her to drop out of the Rebellion. Pyrite and White Diamond have made no contact whatsoever after that, as of the present day.
Not much is known about White Pearl's and Pyrite's relationship. The only time they have communicated was during the beginning of the call to White Diamond during the Gem War to stage Pink Diamond’s shattering. They have not made any contact since, just like White Diamond.